Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Beedee's Top 5 Pick-Ups of 2009 (Jordan Edition)

This year equaled a big year of JB cops for me - particularly stuff I wasn't sure I would get and
stuff I seriously hunted down. I've composed a small list of the pairs I hold most near and dear in 2009. Keep in mind that not all of these originally released in 2009, but were "picked up" aka bought by me this year. So here we go:




5. Air Jordan I (1) Retro GS - Grey/Black
  • Release Date: September 2009
JB brought this OG colorway back around for 09 and it definitely was a favorite amongst Retro 1 fans. I was able to cop about a month later for 60 bucks at DTLR - a great save and great sneaker - what could be better than that?

4. Air Jordan V (5) Retro GS - Black/Metallic Silver - Red
  • Release Date: January 2007
After picking up the black bottom retro 5's from the CDP, I began to get on this AJ5 "Collection Completion" kick, meaning I wanted to cop all of the Jordan 5s I wanted by the end of the year. I began to come across conflict when looking for this particular colorway, it seemed as though either I'd find it in the wrong size, or if I did find it in my size (4.5Y) it was in the WORST condition ever. One day my luck came in, and I was able to find them in my size and in DS condition and on PAYDAY to boot! Gotta Love It!

3. Air Jordan III (3) Retro GS (CDP) - Black/Cement Grey - Red
  • Release Date: October 2008
Can't front, I was not a huge fan of the 3 model in the beginning, but something about the "Black Cement" version is un-front-on-able. I ended up copping these for the low too - won an Uptempoair Ebay Auction for 30 bucks. When they finally arrived, I was like OH MAH GAUD - these are so ill!!! One of thee most comfortable pairs of jays I own, and the shape and design give my feet an even smaller look - which I love.

2. Air Jordan XI (11) Retro GS " Space Jam"
  • Release Date: December 2009
Ok ok, I know some of you were thinking I'd definitely put this at number one, but I had to throw a curb ball in the game. Back in 2000 when the Space Jams originally released, I missed out on getting a pair. To say the least, I was THRILLED to hear that they would be releasing again this year - and I went EARLY to get my pair! The ice factor alone is enough to make me double up- which I plan on doing, soon lol.

1. Air Jordan XIII (13) Retro GS Black/White - Red
  • Release Date: January 2008
Yo, I'm not gonna even ramble on this one - I LOVE THIS FUGGIN MODEL and I LOVE THIS FUGGIN COLORWAY!!! I remember getting the OGs as a shorty doowooper and was on the hunt for these for almost TWO years - finally copped this month and I am ELATED - as you can see by all the caps haha.

Welp, those are my favorite Jordan pick ups for this year, hope you enjoyed the list and saw some favorites of your own on here. I'll have a brand new list of most anticipated cops for 2010 in January - so keep it right here on www.sneakherbox.com :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a holler holler!