Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Could It Be (GS)? - 2011: The Year of The Retro - JB Potential Releases



This time of year is always crazy for sneaker heads because news starts to circulate about potential releases for the following year.  Well, if speculation turns out to be truth, JB intends on putting my pockets in a coma come 2011.  Yesterday evening, news hit the interwebs regarding a GANG of retros set to hit the shelves – some we already knew were confirmed (white/cement AJIIIs and Bordeaux VIIs) and the rest, well the rest LITCHURRULLY put me in shocked face mode O.O.  Chicago Xs, White/Cement 4s, Cardinal 7s, Grape/Laney Vs pack – COTDAMN! Then, reality started to set in, all these classic releases wilst be great to see drop but WHAT EXACTLY WILL BE RELEASING IN GRADE SCHOOL SIZES?!?! Below is a list of things expected to drop next year posted on NT and a breakdown of what I THINK we can expect in GS sizes

via thebeast23

A couple of weeks ago I commented here saying I will bring news on future Air Jordan’s and today I bring great news! The Air Jordan 3 Cement follows the heat along with many more that is in store for 2011.This is what I heard from my friend, a Nike Rep (100% Legit)
-White Cement 3s release 1/22/11,Playoff 13s release 2/26/11
-NO MORE SILVER ANNIVERSARY RETROS!! Sales were SLOW!
-New Jordan Boxes for 2011(FINALLY)
-Bin 5s in the Spring
-Orion 7s (MAJOR DIFFERENCE THAN WHAT WAS FIRST SEEN IN THE SAMPLE) release March ‘11, Bordeaux 7s in April, Cardinals in June
-More 5s in May, TB 3s in July
-Grape/Laney Pack in August $310 MEN,$200 GS
-For the Fall/Winter ‘11 season look for more 4s and 10s (Cements& Chicagos are definite!!!!!!)
-Olympic VIs in September ‘11( were supposed to be releases this Fall but scrapped)
-Last but not least, CONCORD & COLOMBIA 11s WILL RELEASE NEXT YEAR (they are being considered as a Package but anything can change.)
This is all 100% LEGIT, JB may change there minds but all will release. I posted here before saying that there will be an Infrared Pack and Olympic 7s are gonna drop & they did. 2011 Will be the Year of the Retro (some may have major changed). I will keep you guys updated!!!



Now, we’ve been here before, a gang of ish is expected to drop “for sure” and then nothing happens.  However, part of me feels like this news may actually come to pass.  I was initially drawn to the pricing listed for the Grape/Laney Pack - $200 is only a dollar extra from what the GS Countdown packs of 08 and I am will be SO EXTREMELY happy to pick up a fresh, DS, RETAIL pair of both.

  • Both the AJ True Blue IIIs and Bordeaux VIIs have been confirmed for release in GS sizes (via post on KATC)
  • The Black/Metallic silver AJV which last retro’ed in 2006, is set to release in May 2011 in GS sizes as well
  • White/Cement IIIs and Playoff XIIIs will more than likely be a full family release.
  • My disdain starts to form when it comes to the Cardinal VIIs, which as of now are set to be a Men’s sizes only release (via KATC), and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Cement IVs and Chicago Xs – speculated to drop next Fall – will follow suit.  
  • Air Jordan XIs always sell well, so I'm guessing the possible Concord/Columbia AJXI pack (release of a package not confirmed) will be available in at least GS sizes
Of course, this is all still very much speculation on my part (as far as GS sizing availability goes).  I truly hope the sneaker gods shine some positive light down on us SFS'ers next year - stay tuned for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a holler holler!