Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Monday, October 27, 2008

SneakHerBox Artist Series: Emily Main

Introducing: Emily Main of Emily's Custom Shoes


Stats:
18
Hailing from Mankato, Minnesota,
Rookie with Big Talent, and Even Bigger Dreams

High School in itself is a hustle, you work hard to make your grades and prepare for your future. While some students, spent their time idle or od'ing on extracurriculars, Emily Main, 18, spent her time perfecting her craft. "In high school I let my ADD get the best of me in class and I doodled all the time." Those doodles were the beginnings of Emily's development as an artist, and her special skill eventually created a buzz among her peers. She states, " I started with shoes, moved to hats then went on to sweatshirts and t-shirts." Now back to producing custom designs for kicks, she finds inspiration to design in her surroundings, "...I always look at a piece of artwork or just anything from paintings to someone else's shoes...and think of how could I incorporate that into (a design) of my own." Garnering many requests for unique shoe designs amongst her friends, Emily hopes that her creations can help build the foundation for a promising career in the sneaker customization industry.

Now a graduate, Emily has plans of developing her love for art and sneaker customization into a power business, along the ranks of some major companies in the game. "I have big dreams of becoming the next big thing like Nike...", she says; "you all just wait and see!" And as for the male competition in this industry, Emily doesn't even sweat the technique, "Honestly, I look up to all these big shoe companies and most of them are men. I someday hope to be up there with them representing the females in the world." Spoken like a true champ.

To catch up with Emily and see more of her work, check her out on her Facebook page and also on My.KicksOnFire.Com page!




Written by BeeDee

1 comment:

drop me a holler holler!