Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

And They Say Chi-City: Nike SB Blue Lobster Recap



So yesterday, hundreds of sneakerheads around the country waited anxiously to get their hands on a pair of the now coveted "blue lobster" Nike SB dunk lows. I must say, my own experience was quite an adventure. I left my job at 11:30 to head over to Uprise, I was hoping that i'd make it there by noon [the store's opening time] but I figured I probably should have left earlier. Anyhoo, as I'm walking down the block toward the shop, I see a crowd - my initial reaction - awww shit - but I was already there so I said whatev. Saw a guy walking down toward me with bag in hand [dressed in full hipster garb] so I asks him "say, are they only letting in one person at a time?," he says "nah, five at a time." I'm thinking sweet, get up to the store, line isn't as bad as I thought it was. Saw a couple folks I knew - shouts out to BLD and Melo from Kuts N Kicks - and hoped my behind in the back. We're moving and moving, i'm seeing a few females in line, so I'm thinking "damn, I hope they don't buy out my size" (which happens to be a 5); but from the looks of their feet, I had nothing to worry about, there were some guys in line who looked like they wore a 4.5 SMH! So finally i'm near the front, and one of the store employees comes out and he's like "there's nothing bigger than an 8 left." Of course, this discourages a lot of other folk in line, but not I, I'm sitting there thinking "as long as there is a 5 or 5.5 i'm straight." So decided to ask what was the smallest size, and in return I get the dreadful answer of "size 6" - WHAT THE DEUCE!!! So at this point i'm feeling hella anxiety, nearly upset, but get over and figure hey if I can't fit the 6, i'll just "find" someone who can and have a small monetary exchange with them. Fast forward to me copping them in the size 6, making it back to work and not TOO late lol, and finally getting a chance to try them on. What da ya know? THEY FIT! I mean, fit Perfectly! SB dunk lows typically fit snug, what with the insole and thick ass tongue, so i was EXTREMELY happy to know that I could keep my beloved blue lobsters and the rest of the day went blistfully well after that.

So what were you're experiences with the Blue Lobster SB Dunk release? Successes or Failures? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a holler holler!