Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

BD's Favorite Things - Air Jordan 1 Retro - Black Patent Leather - Gold


Ah, yes!  Back in 2003 when these babies were originally released - I was somewhere being mannish a nerd and they were not on my radar.  Fast forward to 2006, I'm sitting in my dorm room, and Cassie's Me & You plays on BET.  Me eyes immediately zoom to her feet, and I'm like WHOA, what are those?!?! Peeped the signature Jordan logo on the tongue and I'm like MUST.HAVE.THOSE.SNEAKERS.

Read more about this sneaker journey after the jump!





Of course by that time they were long gone - so my hope of finding them was not that strong.  Fast forward some more to 2008, when my Sneakerplay journey began.  I kept a list of "Most Wanted" kicks on my page and one member by the name of Sole_Pretty happened to notice.  Lucky for me, she was selling her pair.  Of course, I was ecstatic and immediately told her I'd cop.  Time and funny money, however, got in the way of making my sneaker dreams come true at that moment.  Ms Sole_Pretty was nice (and patient!) enough to hold the kicks for me until I got my financial "sitcheeashun" under control.  Paypal'ed her the cash about a month later and she sent the kicks with a speed all sneaker buyers can appreciate.  The rest is history!

This colorway is so simple, but stunning.  Black and gold has to be one of the best color combos around - and the patent leather upper added a shedangliness that etched these right into the "Classics" category.  Surely, I cannot be the only one out there who loves this joint - so share your thoughts in the comment section!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    still gots mine in da closet

    ReplyDelete

drop me a holler holler!