Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Beedee's Top 5 Pick-Ups of 2010



2010 was bawse, in every sense of the word. Not only were there amazing things happening in my life and for the blog, but there were some sweet pick up opportunities along the way.  Unlike the 2009 list, which only included Jordan Brand pick-ups, I've included non-JB kicks in this line-up. So enough of my jibber-jabber, take a detailed look at my top 5 pick-ups of 2010 after the jump!





5. Nike SB Dunk High - "Ironman"


The Ironman (or perhaps, Frisky Dingo?) was an interesting release for me.  Initial mark-ups of the shoe had me skeptical of the outcome.  However, when these bad boys dropped in November, I was very pleased to pick up a pair. The color execution was flawless, a great complement to the fantastic comic hero.

4. Air Jordan XVII GS - College Blue


Originally released in 2002, this colorway made waves for a lot of reasons.  MJ was back in the league playing with the Wizards, and a brand new colorway of the AJ17, complete with a swanky silver briefcase and DVD set was the icing on the cake.  I missed out on these before (and on the briefcase, the GS pairs came in the standard Jordan box), but lucked up on a nearly deadstock pair earlier this year on ISS.  Had to do it and so very happy I did.

3. Nike Air Force 1 Mid Jewel 97 - "Michigan"


Most of you already know that I have (and will always have) an extreme infatuation with Air Force Ones.  As young beedee, Forces were the "force" which propelled me into the sneaker world.  I've been on a quest to find older pairs for obvious nostalgic purposes but also because they quality back then was stellar.  The "Jewel" Air Forces were a favorite of mine, and coming across this DS pair of 1997 "Michigan" Air Force 1 Jewel Mids was a sneaker dream come true.  Oh, and they were only about 40 bucks. Pow.


2. Nike SB Dunk High & Low "Chromeball Incident"


Okay, adding both pairs technically make this my "Top SIX pick-ups" but just go with me on this one. The Chromeball Incident pack was one of the few exceptional releases seen from the Nike SB line in 2010.  By paying tribue to such a well-known comic (and now blog) in the skateboarding community, an OG feel was bought back to the collection.













1. Nike Air Max Lebron 8 - "South Beach"


The Nike Air Max Lebron 8 "South Beach" also made our Top Ten WMS/GS Releases of 2010 list so I won't say a whole lot here, just know that they are dope and were copped with a vengeance.

So there ya have it folks, hope you enjoyed my list and saw some favorite pick ups of your own posted here. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Sneaksncheeks12:25 PM

    South Beach copp is the best copp in this bunch, then the Ironman Sb's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you find the Nike SB Ironman Dunks in your size???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:17 PM

    O.o
    Ahhh! I have been sleeping on my shoe game. You know if it's still possible to cop a gs pair of lebrons in chicago?

    ReplyDelete

drop me a holler holler!