Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

And They Say Chi-City: Akin North 1 Year Anniversary Party


It's funny to think that a year has nearly gone by since the Akin Northside opening my crew and I went to last summer.  The weather was certainly not as agreeable as it was back then, but the guys at Akin through a great shindig to rep their 1st full year in business at their second location.  This year, all the stops were brought out including a Nike NSW customization truck in which you could add text and appliques to Nike hoodies, tees, and track jackets.  Additionally, right outside the store was a "Paint War" battle of grafitti and paint artists, who were really brave to stand out in the cold rain to showcase their skills, lol.  There was also entertainment provided by a hip hop instrumental quartet (whose name I didn't catch =/) who did their thing thing, along with The Odd Couple, who's performance I didn't get a chance to see but I'm sure they did awesome.  I had to leave early because of another engagement so I missed the raffle but there were some great prizes including a Air Jordan Defining Moments Pack & Year of the Rabbit AJ7 & Nike AF1.  Lots of folks came out to the event, sneakerheads and spectactors and I got to see some old friends and make new ones, like SOLEhead tyfotos - Chicago's own ill photographer (info on his #CSHPS coming soon!), he's really cool and very talented.  Anyhoo, check out all the photos from the event below and if you are in Chicago, head over to Akin Chicago to give the boys a congrats!










KC Jones of The ODd Couple







Jose in Think Pink AM Lebron 7s ... I want these now lol


What I Wore :)



Outside at "Paint Wars"

NSW Customization Truck

!!! Go Bulls !!!

Myself & Jose of Modern-Notoriety, didn't get a pic with Oscar!

The one picture I got of tyfotos (red hoodie), sorry ty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a holler holler!