Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

sneakHer stories with @SheLuvzKickz



Introducing a new series where we ask female sneaker enthusiasts to share their sneaker trials and triumphs.
The question we posed to these ladies is: what is your most impactful sneaker pick-up?


Follow the link to read up on how @SheLuvzKicz found an "unlikely" sneaker favorite.




The sneaker I chose to discuss is NOT a sneaker that people would expect, but it’s definitely one of my favorites due to the fact I’ve only seen one other person with them. Well it was some time in the summer about 3 or 4 years ago when I spotted them on this female. I was at the barber shop with my dad and in walks this female, the first thing I scope out are her sneakers and I say in my head, “Damn those are HOT.” I wanted to ask her where she got them, but I don’t like asking people where they get their stuff, so I kept my mouth shut. Now that I think about it, I could’ve just googled them and found out where I could get them but that didn’t cross my mind at the time.

    About 4 or 5 months later I was planning a trip to Chicago to visit some family. So when I finally got to the Windy City it was snowing but those sneakers were still on my mind. I stayed in Chicago for about 3 days and had a blast. I bugged my sister once I touched down that I needed to hit up a mall. So the next day she took me to the Lincoln Mall, and I’m all hyped because I know I’m going to see some nice sneakers. So we get inside the mall and I spot the first sneaker store, good ol' Finishline. As soon as I walked in and down to the kids section (no small feet jokes LOL), I look up and spot the sneakers I seen on that female back home. I had a big grin on my face as I told my sister, “I’m getting these.” She looked at me like, “You sure you want those” I was like, “What, You don’t like them?” she was like, “They’re not my style but If YOU like them then that’s all that matters” and I was like, “Yep they’re different so I’m getting them.” LOL!

    So I got the worker’s attention so she could check and see if they had my size. She came back with one size and then said the other size was the display. I looked at her like, “Who the hell suppose to wear a display sneaker?!” so I ended up getting the other size and was really happy I got them. So me being a sneaker lover, I tell my sister let’s hit up another sneaker store. We went to Kids Footlocker and I’ll be damned if I didn’t spot another sneaker that caught my attention, so I ended up snatching those up as well. I was definitely happy for the rest of the time I had remaining in the Chi-town with my sneakers and that beautiful snow.

    So I know everyone that’s reading this is wondering what sneaker could I be referring to, let me tell you it’s definitely not a sneaker you would expect a person to be hyped over but it definitely caught my eyes with it’s bright colors and of course it’s what was hot to ME! The sneaker that I’m referring to that I spotted that female rocking are the………… Air Diamond Turf (Anthracite/Light Lv-Rdnt Green-White color way). This particular Air Diamond Turf was Deion Sanders (NFL football player) FIRST signature sneaker with Nike back in 1993 (just a little background on the sneaker). Hahaha I know I definitely shocked everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed my little sneakher story. I’d like to give a BIG thanks to Beedee and the entire SneakHERbox.com movement.



-Tiana aka @SheLuvzKickz


*would you like to share your sneakHer story? send us an email at info@sneakHerbox.com with "sneakHer story" in the title.

2 comments:

  1. Great story T - the turfs are iconic and that colorway is def underrated!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a holler holler!