Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

sneakHer stories with @MaRv3l0uS_S0leZ



Hit the link to read what pair holds @MaRv3l0uS_S0leZ 's sneaker allegiance
There comes a time in your life where you sit back and reflect on the severity of your sneaker collecting. For me, it’s been quite the trip but, definitely worth it all. I've had the chance to really think about one of my favorite shoes and what they actually mean to me.


The Statue of Liberty SB has to be declared as one of my most impactful sneaker pick-ups of all time. The shoe is very iconic in a sense that it symbolizes freedom and opportunity. The unique quality about this shoe is that when it is scuffed, you will see copper with a tint of silver.  For those of you who may not know, the Statue of Liberty wasn’t always green. The “skin” of the Statue of Liberty was copper before the sea weather and oxidization occurred.


Obtaining this shoe was a bit difficult for me. This was my first pair of SB’s, and I knew nothing about release dates, etc. The one SB shop I knew of was sold out of them by the time I called. I was two days late, but was determined to get this shoe by any means necessary. Someone was selling a size 8.5, so I bought them in hopes of having them to trade for my actual size. Then a miracle happened, I found a skate shop in Colorado who had a size 7.5 in stock. I was so thankful for the help I had finding them. As an NYC Native, I felt it was imperative for me to get this shoe and add it to my collection that is rapidly recovering.




-Charmaine aka @MaRv3l0uS_S0leZ 

3 comments:

drop me a holler holler!