Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Friday, June 17, 2011

sneakHer stories with @myinitialsMTB


Introducing a new series where we ask female sneaker enthusiasts to share their sneaker trials and triumphs.
The question we posed to these ladies is: what is your most impactful sneaker pick-up?

Catch up with @myinitialsMTB to see which super galactic sneaker pick-up rocked her collection

Explain to me, back in the day, what kid didnʼt like Loony Tunes? I could sit in
front of the TV for hours watching Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and especially Tazmanian
Devil. That show was my quiet drug. Now my hyper pill was watching the Bulls games
with my dad. I still remember clearly every TV in the house being turned all the way up
just as the announcer said: “AND NOW FOR YOUR CHICAGO BULLS” and me bouncing
around the room like a kid right before a sugar crash. Mix the two together and a never
ending high ran through my veins.

The Space Jam movie was all I could talk about for weeks. I think I lost count
how many times I saw that movie before it left theaters and I also believe my mom got so
tired of seeing it she did something to my video. Finally, a collaboration between
basketball and Warner Broʼs, OMG! The shoe was just icing on my cake. I already am
in love with the Jordan XI model, and blue is my favorite color. Yep, my heart melted
when I first saw these. Too bad I couldnʼt get me a pair back then, but I surely did cop in
2009.


Honestly I think the Finishline people wanted to blow my brains out. From the
moment I knew these shoes where rereleasing, I bothered those people. I donʼt do
campoutʼs so I had to be sure my pair was on lock. I had everything planned, my shoe
was on hold, and the mall opened at like 7.  Being a mall employee I was in there before the
crowd, put in an early entry form and because my connect at the time was the store
manager, I was in the store before the lights where even turned on. All my XI wishes
came true; eventually.



What is not to like about the tuxedo shoe, sporty with a touch of formality. The
Jordan XI was the first pair to feature patent leather and you gotta love simplicity of the
shoe. For me, aside from the aforementioned, I tend to be a sucker for all black, and I
love the small dash of color. Plus in itʼs own way, this shoe brought back a small piece of
my childhood. It may not be my favorite shoe, but it definitely holds a special place in my
heart.


-Monica aka @myinitialsMTB

*would you like to share your sneakHer story? send us an email at info@sneakHerbox.com with "sneakHer story" in the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a holler holler!