Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Freaky Nail Friday - Tuesday Edition!


With all the activities the last week of June brings to the city of Chicago, in addition to the Holiday, it was quite hard to distinguish yesterday from oh, let's say Friday.  Anywho, today I have a  later than promised post on another sneaker-colorway inspired nail art manicure.  As you can see, the inspiration behind this look was taken from the coveted Nike Air Max Lebron 8 V1 "South Beach" colorway.  If you follow the blog and our twitter, you probably know how much I really really REALLY wanted these, and how I totally went ham when the news dropped that they'd be available in GS sizes.  Truly an amazing color scheme to commemorate Lebron's trip from the midwest to Miami.  Since then, the price and availability of this sneaker in both mens and kids sizes has become infamous.  The color itself being solidified in sneaker cdub history, right up there with "bred" and "neon", with tons of custom jobs and official releases following suit.  For my nail look, I took a rather simple approach, with the base color being a clear match for the "Retro" green of the 8s, a little mint green to match the outsole, and of course, black and pink dashes and dots to give the look a "retro, 80s" feel.  However, without a wicked awesome camera, the color looks a bit more blue than it truly is. Nonetheless, still a groovy look! Check out more pictures after the jump.









3 comments:

  1. loveeeee your look! those nails are hawtt (; china glaze polishes are my fave after they came out with the kicks collection! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eileen! I love their polishes too & I'm actually wearing "custom kicks" from that collection lol I think that was such a dope concept to play upon, they really showed chicks like us love!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a holler holler!