Take $10 Off When You Spend $50 at Kidsfootlocker.com!  Use code LKS1V955.  Valid 8/29 - 9/6.  Online only; some exclusions may apply.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Cleveland's Got Sole 2010 - Event Recap


Over the weekend, my crew and I headed to Cleveland for the 2nd Annual Cleveland's Got Sole Sneaker Showcase.  An event of this caliber is sure to bring out a large crowd, and it most certainly did, with vendors, sponsors, collectors, and sneaker enthusiasts alike coming from all parts of the Midwest and even the East Coast to celebrate the culture. Don't get it twisted though, this event -slash- fundraiser helped benefit the Lebron James Foundation - with all proceeds being donated to the charity. I have been to many sneaker showcases in the past, but the atmosphere at CGS was totally different from any other I've attended.  Nearly every one present was personable, friendly, and knowledgeable of the product around them.  It was awesome to speak with like-minded individuals, whom you could truly say loved this life.  As you can imagine, the amount of sneaker crack in the building prompted many oohs, ahs, and yos from the attendees.  And since we were in Lebron-land, there were MAD LB collectors present.  I've never seen so many different models in one place! SBs and Jordans were also represented well, with a CRAZY amount of PEs on deck.  There were also some dope streetwear brands in the spot, including a new women's streetwear line called "Petty Betty" and when I tell you I loved their gear, I mean really LOVED it.   While there I was also able to meet a lot of peeps from Sneakerplay and OSD (Obsessive Sneaker Disorder) whom I had heard of/spoken to online on occasion - it was nice to finally put a face to a name.  I'd like to personally thank Kevin and Andrew for putting together another amazing event, the level of integrity and respect for the game these guys have is incredible.  Because of their efforts, over 5,000 dollars will be donated to The Lebron James Foundation.  To say I had a fantastic time is an understatement, the joint was SLAMMIN but you would have had to really be there to understand. I am looking forward to next year's event! Well, enough of my babbling, check out a GANG of pics after the jump :)




Autographed Kicks for the Raffle



Pure Money Customs for the Raffle (I wanted to win these lol)




SUPER limited "Stewie" Lebron 6s












Oscar at the Akin Chicago Table


Very ill Jordan painting offered as a prize in the raffle



SoleSupreme's PE tables





Srr1175's Oly VII's Set




OSD's own Paper Chaser and myself




Mr. ChiTownAir himself Rick in the building with his display

Check out his super cool sneaker keychains! I got the Royal 1s and Raptor 7s chains!


The Boosters and Petty Betty Founder, Hassan Williams





FSF's own Feeway holdin it down in Cleveland, "don't sleep on the ladies!"







                                     Customs from Legendary Boutique in Coventry, Ohio

4 comments:

  1. Nice!!! I should have came out their...

    ReplyDelete
  2. man I should've gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:15 AM

    Those OLY VII set are a part of (Steve "Srr1175")'s table :)

    ReplyDelete

drop me a holler holler!